Tuesday, November 19, 2013

FAQ

This isn't really a FAQ, since nobody has asked me about the movie. 
Why? Because I haven't told anyone about it. 

    //Tommy Starsson

What is the movie about?
First of all, it is a trilogy and it is about a young man, looking for mysteries and adventures. He hears about this haunted forest, and decides to bring a camera, and make a documentary about anything supernatural he finds in this forest.

What makes this movie stand out?
1.) it is created in full by one person (me)
2.) It will be shot with a mobile phone (Galaxy note 3)
3.) It will be the scariest movie ever made
4.) It will be released for free.

Why are you making this movie?
Making movies is difficult, especially when there are many people involved, and who are not paid, or paid very little. It is hard to create something good, when several cooks are involved. I have this theory, that I will be trying. I will have 100% creative control, which no movie has ever had before. I don't care if you are talking about Stanley Kubrick (a perfectionist of epic proportions) or those guys who did Blair witch project).

Do you really think it will stand a chance against "real" movies?
Hell yes. And I will explain exactly why. Most creative people in Hollywood, and even indie movie makers rely deeply on people, time and money. They can't perfect, and they have to make creative compromises. I am not depending on people, time and money. Ergo, my creative integrity will be intact all the way. 

Will you really do the movie all by yourself?
yes, I will. That is the whole idea. That is the challenge.

Why are you making a trilogy and not just one movie?
Because I live in Sweden, I work a full time job as a consultant, and I have a family, I don't have the time to film a movie in 30 continuous days, and the weather changes quickly in Sweden, plus we have 4 seasons that are really different. My idea, is that I can film the scenes of the first movie in autumns, and the 2nd movie during winters.  yes, it will probably be shot of the period of at least two years.

What computer will it be edited with?
I will be using the mac mini with i7 processor, and huge external drives (since I will be shooting in 4K). And I will also be using my macbook pro 13 inch. (retina) 

Will you really be doing everything yourself?
yes, I will be the Director, the actor, the music score composer, the DP, the cinematographer, the prop designer, the sound designer, the marking director. Even the casting director (will be trying different personalities, when I try out for the part, wish me luck).

What camera will you use?
For budget and portability reasons, I will be using the Samsung Galaxy note 3.

A cell phone? Are you like, insane?
I have been analyzing the idea myself for months. And I really believe it will work. I have shot several samples proving that it will give the visuals that I need to show the story. Also, I really need something extremely portable, and something that will shoot in 4K. I don't need raw, and I will be shooting in day light, and I don't plan to win a oscar for best visuals. So I really believe it could work.

When will it be released?
In about two years, or never. I will be taking my time to perfect it.

What is your hope with this movie?
I have this vision in my head, to accomplish something very creative, that has never ever been done before. In history there has never been a movie created by one person entirely. Also I have ideas about this movie, that will make it stand out completely. It will hopefully give the viewer a much richer and more intense movie experience than 3D. 

Have you made a movie before?
yes, I have made two budget movies. The consultant, and The Deserters. With my friends from the movie group AgnosCinema. Both movies taught me a lot about movie making.

Won't it be boring being all alone shooting this movie?
It probably will be. I like being alone, but I don't handle being alone very good. So it will be a huge challenge, no arguing about that point. It would be a 1000 times more fun making a movie with my friends from AgnosCinema. But I really believe in this project. The part that worries me the most, is that I will be filming most of the movie in forests alone, I can get really scared.

How much will the budget be?
Not sure yet. But I will be buying and designing a lot of prop on my own. thats where the real cost will be.

Why don't you try to get money through Kickstarter?
Again, I wanted to do the movie on my own, and with no help. No people to answer to. Have complete creative integrity. Being bound to kickstarted just feels like it would lead me to a point where I could not get out of the project once it gets founded. Besides, I really don't require a massive funding for this movie project. Just the will and imagination to see it through. 




OFFICIAL TWITTER ⎮ OFFICIAL FACEBOOK FANPAGE ⎮ TOMMY STARSSON BLOG ⎮ YOUTUBE CHANNEL